— Train With The Best
Certificate II in Security Operations
This qualification reflects the role of a security officer, responsible for maintaining safety and security by patrolling, protecting or guarding property while unarmed, and screening entry, monitoring behavior and removing persons from premises.
Security officers may work alone or work in a team environment under general supervision, operating with limited autonomy and judgement to complete routine but variable tasks, with some accountability and responsibility for their own outputs, work and learning.
Occupational licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements may apply at the time of publication. Please refer to the CPP Companion Volume Implementation Guide for information.
- LL&N and First Aid (0900 – 1600) 5th February 2023
- Cert II Security Operations (14 days consecutively 0800 – 1700) 12th February 2024 – 24th February 2024
- Cert II Security Operations – Tamworth 15/03/24 – 24/03/24
As stipulated by SLED NSW, candidates must:
- Be at least 18 years old to apply for security license with SLED.
- Be a Permanent Resident or Australian Citizen or have work rights to apply for a security license with SLED.
- Provide 100 Points of Approved Organisation Student Evidence of Identity at enrolment. Click to check (SLED Approved Identification requirements).
- Read (Fact Sheet 6), Am I Eligible for a NSW Security Licence.
- Sign SLED Acknowledgement of Fact Sheet 6 at enrolment (Form P1016).
- A statement of attainment or qualification / supporting transcript recording HLTAID003 Provide First Aid MUST be completed or provided by learner prior to join CPP20218 Certificate II in Security Operations.
- Meet prescribed Language, Literacy and Numeracy requirements as per SLED requirements, prior to commencing training. You must attend in person with required identification in order to complete the LLN testing, complete registration, read and sign Fact Sheet 6 and declaration from NSW Police Force. This must be done before the course commences. You will not be enrolled unless LLN test & registration has been completed prior to the first day of training. If you book and paid for a course via our website, you are still required to attend prior to your course for skills testing. If you do not attain the required skills level prior to the course and have paid upfront, you will be refunded in full.
- Have a strong command of the English language, as good written as well as verbal communication are key components of the course.
- Have your USI ready prior to course attendance from the USI website. To create USI number, please visit here
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
- 14 core units of competency.
This qualification is intended to align with the following occupational licencing outcomes:
- security officer – unarmed guard
- security officer – crowd controller.
Occupational titles could include:
- security officer
- unarmed guard
- crowd controller
It provides a pathway to further learning and work in various security roles and settings including, but not limited to:
- armed guarding
- close protection
- control room operations
- guard dog handling.
Apply effective communication skills to maintain security
Apply legal and procedural requirements to work effectively within a security team
Apply WHS, emergency response and evacuation procedures to maintain security
Apply risk assessment to select and carry out response to security risk situations
Provide quality services to a range of security clients
Protect self and others using basic defensive techniques
Patrol premises to monitor property and maintain security
Screen people, personal effects and items to maintain security
Monitor and control access and exit of persons and vehicles from premises
Monitor and control individual and crowd behaviour to maintain security
Apply security procedures to manage intoxicated persons
Apply security procedures to remove persons from premises
Escort and protect persons and valuables
Provide first aid
The duration of this course is 15 days from 0800 – 1700 with a total of one-hour breaks.
– Newcastle area – $1495.00
– Regional area Tamworth > Tweedhead – $2500 (Numbers Permitting)
Full payment will be required at the completion of the Enrollment Process.
To attend and participate in any of our courses individuals must attend the course in neat, clean and tidy clothing. As our courses are very hands-on, and there will be many simulation assessments in which you will be expected to dress in a professional manner, as a professional security officer and will be assessed as such. Please ensure that you are keeping up with your personal hygiene, as it is very important when working in any group environment for any given period of time. Please note that enclose footwear is essential for all of our courses – ladies included.
- NO Shorts, Skirts, Dresses, Thongs, Hats, Hoodies, NO Active Wear.
Our Local Trainers and Assessors
At Precision Training Academy our Trainers and Assessors are fully qualified and licensed for all courses being delivered on our scope of registration.
All of our courses are regularly updated and revised, ensuring they comply with the latest regulatory and industry standards.
Sonya and Darren are also qualified firearm instructors and maintain their currency of security industry experience with Precision Protection Group.
Sonya Pritchard and Darren Upson are also the proprietors of Precision Protection Group, a local Newcastle based security company which is a fully qualified, licensed and experienced company.
Precision Training Academy is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) approved by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), our RTO Code is 31555, details of our organisation can be found on training.gov.au.